Wednesday, January 07, 2009

philosophy

so i had to bus in to kapolei this afternoon to buy my housemate a bicycle tire tube. i may be indirectly responsible for his flat tire. but my thoughts begin on the bus ride home. i've wedged myself next to one of those old men who don't like to share seats. so i end up half leaning off the edge of my seat with a backpack on my lap. and i'm stumbling through the library's copy of "The Portable Nietzsche". Some gold, "What, then, is truth? A mobile army of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms - in short, a sum of human relations, which have been enhanced, transposed, and embellished poetically and rhetorically, and which after long use seem firm, canonical, and obligatory to a people: truths are illusions about which one has forgotten..." he continues. but i stop reading to watch the elderly couple seated in front of me. she leans away disgusted and he keeps glancing at short shorts in the aisle. every bus ride is an adventure and an education.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to your pictures? please fix=)

Anonymous said...

bang bang. im reading.